Dry Chemical Powder Fire Exinguishing
Dry Chemical Powder Fire Exinguishing System When introduced directly to a fire, dry chemical powder extinguishes flames almost immediately. Dry chemical powder is intended for use in extinguishing fires involving bulk chemical agents and liquefied gases.
The Gielle Dry Chemical System, provides 24-hour fire protection for a wide variety of industrial processes, equipment, machinery and paint spray booth applications. The system has the choice of two dry chemical agents effective on Class A, B and C fires. Total flooding or local application design options. The system includes detectors, a control unit, agent storage cylinders, piping and discharge nozzles.
• Easy to design
• Safe and reliable fire protection
• Flexible installation parameters
Our dry systems are developed to meet the increasing demand for large capacity systems for the protection of ships carrying LNG/LPG and certain chemicals or agents in bulk.
The Gielle Dry Chemical System is your best choice for protection of any industrial process or machinery
where hazardous liquids or hazardous materials are involved.
The Gielle System is available in two basic configurations: as a local application system or a total flood system. A local application system is designed to protect a specific piece of equipment, a total flood system is recommended for protection of enclosed rooms or spaces. In addition to the configurations, the Gielle System also offers options for detection and control to create a system that will be ideal for your application.
Your Gielle Distributor can help you design the right system, and the right approach, for your application.
The Gielle System Features:
• Economical—the pre-engineered concept reduces hardware and installation expenses providing
cost-effective fire protection
• Design flexibility—specify the system configuration and components to meet the requirements of your facility and industrial application
• Regulatory compliance—the installation of a Gielle System guarantees your facility is compliant with insurance, local and federal code standards
• Reliable, proven protection—researched, designed manufactured and installed by Gielle, the world leader in system solutions, IND Systems can be found globally throughout the industrial world
• Portable reinforcement—always within reach, the full line of Gielle portable fire extinguishers are your first line of defense against fire
How the System Works
1. Fire detectors sense fire heat in work area, plenum or duct…a signal is sent to the Control Panel.
2. The Control Panel electrically activates the Cylinder Control Head, which opens the cylinder valve and actuates the system.
3. The Control Panel sounds an alarm, notifies the fire authorities and shuts down airflow in the hazard area.
4. The fire is suppressed as dry chemical is propelled by stored pressure through the discharge pipes and